A new ship shall be designed and constructed in compliance with the structural, mechanical and electrical requirements of a classification society. For that purpose CRS has established rules for the classification of ships on which basis, upon satisfactory finish of newbuilding process, class certificate will be issued.
Newbuilding process comprises of the following:
- approval of technical documentation;
- survey at the premises of the manufacturer during manufacture of the materials, machinery, installations and equipment to be installed on board ship;
- survey during construction at the premises of the shipyard;
- survey during sea-trials and final tests;
- issuing a class certificate for a ship.